Monday, October 16, 2006

Shoepdate

I’m back from Toronto, but with no new Campers in tow (see Shoe Issues). I went to this place on Queen West that sells the biggest selection of Campers I’ve ever seen.

I approached a sales associate because I was having trouble finding my little gems in the sea of shoes in front of me. I described them to her, and her eyes lit up, and she got very excited and so, I too became excited (not in the dirty way though). And the conversation went as follows:

- Shoe Girl - “Yeah yeah yeah, I totally know which ones you’re talking about! They’re twins, right?”
- Andrew - “Yup, they are twins.”
- Shoe Girl - "And they have blue laces, right?"
- Andrew - "Indeed they do."
- Shoe Girl - “Oh, those are soooooo nice!”
- Andrew - “Yeah, I’ve been coveting them for such a long time.”
- Shoe Girl - “Geeze, sorry we don’t carry them.”

Andrew’s thought bubble: ????????? WTF? Why did you string me along like that you heartless bitch? Don’t you know how much I love and long for those shoes?

- Andrew - “Oh, okay thanks.”

*Insert Brokeback Mountain soundtrack here, and a tear on my left cheek*

Okay, so I didn’t get the shoes, but all hope is not lost my friends. I’m going to the Camper store in San Francisco in two weeks. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh dear! i'd assumed that you'd picked em up by now...
saw some in the window in helsinki. could have sent them for a very small fee ; )
we still haven't hit spain, though...land of the camper shoe. i'm hoping they'll be dirt cheap there. of course they will. in fact, they'll probably be free...
if you'd like to consider an alternative, i could get some really lovely wooden shoes for you from here in holland, though. they look to be very comfortable...