Sunday, December 17, 2006

Holiday Party Raffle Kings

As I sit here prematurely listening to “Happy New Year” by Abba, I realize that we have been in full holiday swing for the last two weekends. In an attempt to appease the clamouring masses of devoted bFab readers, I have decided that it will be a double-post Sunday.

Last night was Mr. T’s work holiday party. So, we both got dolled up in our most monochromatic attire. The exception was Mr. T’s red pocket square (which I learned, is not the same thing as a hanky) in his jacket pocket: demonstrating his holiday spirit. I held myself back from putting in one of his back pockets.

All in all, one of the best holiday parties in recent years. It helped that Mr. T wasn’t organizing this year – so I wasn’t constantly being abandoned for people unhappy with the seating arrangements and MC/Raffle duties.

Speaking of raffles, we raked in this year, and strangely, we won all of the booze related gifts:

Gift certificates for the SAQ, Bailey’s, the Port was a gift, but ended up in the picture anyhow. But I would like to draw your attention to the lovely giant champagne glass (circa 1983) filled with Czech chocolate. In case you can’t make it out in the first picture, the next image, with a quarter as a marker to help you appreciate the scale.



The candy wrappers remind me of chocolates that my Baba used to give me when I was a kid. But, then I tasted a few. Not as good as I remember -- or they aren’t the same brand of chocolates. Alas, we smuggled the monstrosity home only to realize neither of us like the candy, and as Mr. T said, “The glass is recyclable, right?” Thank goodness recycling comes tomorrow – I was starting to get the urge to hop into a bubble bath with my man and sip back some Baby Duck (that is of course, after crimping my hair).

1 comment:

fetishkitty said...

there is nothing wrong with baby duck, or crimping your hair!